Author:Dr. P. Siva Bharathi, M.D (Peds), AB (USA).
Paasi Paruppu Khichidi (1/2 cup) - Time: 15 minutes | Cooking Time: 30 minutes
This is a good combination of a cereal and a pulse, which is suitable for your baby after 1 to 2 weeks of starting weaning. This will add more variety to your baby’s meal and also provide plenty of protein for healthy growth of your baby.<
- 1 tablespoon split green gram (Paasi Paruppu)
- 1 tablespoon of rice
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ghee
- Wash and soak the green gram (Paasi Paruppu) and rice together.
- Add the turmeric powder and cook using a pressure cooker for 3 whistles.
- Remove from the pressure cooker and add the ghee. Mix well.
- Mash the Passi Paruppu khichdi completely to make a smooth consistency. Serve lukewarm.
Nutrient values for 1/2 cup
|32 gm||123 kcal||4.8 gm||19.8 gm||2.8 gm||30.3 mcg||0.0 mg||13.3 mg||0.7 mg||23.4 mcg||0.2 gm|